Useful GPS v24.9
Requirements: four.zero and up
Overview: The right companion to your subsequent out of doors journey. Search, discover, document and return house with Useful GPS.
This app is an actual navigation software designed for outside sports activities like mountain climbing, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and path using. It is usually properly suited to makes use of like mining, forestry, and archaeology. Its easy to make use of and works even within the remotest again nation because it would not want community connectivity. It permits you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates so you should utilize it along with your paper topographic maps. Waypoints and observe logs recorded within the discipline might be be seen later in Google Earth.
* Reveals present location in easting/northing (UTM) or lat/lon
* Reveals velocity, route of journey, and distance travelled in both metric or imperial/US models
* Can retailer present location as a waypoint, and may retailer observe logs
* Waypoints and observe logs might be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX recordsdata
* Permits guide entry of waypoint coordinates in UTM, MGRS or lat/lon
* Customized waypoint symbols
* Can information you to a waypoint with the “Goto” display, with non-obligatory audible proximity alert
* Has magnetic compass web page (units with magazine sensors solely)
* Computes native magnetic declination and geoid correction at startup utilizing the IGRF-12 and EGM96 fashions
* Can show both a easy map of your present location and the saved waypoints, or a Google Map
* Helps the world-wide WGS84 datum together with the Australian datums AGD66, AGD84, GDA94. (It’s also possible to use WGS84 for NAD83 maps)
* Reveals satellite tv for pc areas and sign strengths graphically
* Can show easy 6, eight or 10 digit grid refs, or MGRS grid ref.
* Waypoint-to-waypoint distance and route
* Elective timer to document stroll length and compute common velocity
* Has on-line assist pages
* Totally examined by developer on many off-track walks
EXTRA FEATURES IN THIS VERSION:
* Limitless variety of waypoints and observe log factors. (Free model restricted to three waypoints and 20 tracklog factors)
* E-mail or SMS containing a clickable hyperlink displaying your location might be despatched to a buddy.
* Widespread datums akin to NAD83 (US), OSGB36 (UK), NZTM2000 (NZ), SAD69 (South America) and ED50 (Europe) might be chosen from the customized datum web page, or you’ll be able to configure your individual datums, together with native grid techniques (akin to these used at mine websites). It’s also possible to load and save datum params.
* UK grid refs with two letter prefixes might be proven if OSGB datum chosen. OSGB grid refs can be proven on smartwatches.
* Elevation profile of your route might be proven.
* Common GPS areas over time to present extra correct end result.
* Take photographs from the app that are optionally geotagged, or have the placement “burnt” into picture.
* Present solar rise and set occasions.
* Export waypoints to CSV file in present coordinate system.
* Create a brand new waypoint by projecting an current one utilizing an entered distance and bearing.
* Compute size, space, and elevation change for tracklog.
* Offline map help by downloading tiles from map tile servers, or utilizing your individual map photographs.
* Comes full with an Android Put on model to be used in your Android Put on smartwatch.
PERMISSIONS: (1) GPS – to find out your location, (2) Community entry – for entry to Google Map and OSM tiles, (three) SD card entry – to load and retailer waypoints and tracklogs, (four) Digicam entry for taking pics, (5) Forestall telephone from sleeping in order that proximity alarm works, (6) Management flashlight, to permit the flashlight to be turned on/off from throughout the app, and (7) System settings, to permit the Android Put on app to regulate the watch display brightness.
DISCLAIMER: You employ this app at your individual threat. The developer accepts no duty for you getting misplaced on account of utilizing this app. Batteries in cellular units can go flat. An alternate energy supply is advisable for prolonged hikes.
Additionally see the Coordinate Grasp app for help for much more coordinate techniques. Useful GPS can also be accessible for iPhone and Home windows Cellphone.
24.9: Made a small tweak to the KML file written out for the photographs in order that the photographs might be opened in an exterior viewer if the “Permit entry to native recordsdata” choice is enabled in Google Earth.
24.eight: Create a KML file within the Pics folder that shops the placement of every picture taken from the app. Modified decimal miles to be proven with two digits of precision.
This app has no advertisements